Organizers / Teachers
Organizers / Teachers
FAQs: Organizers / Teachers
- When is the 2021 Terry Fox School Run?The 2021 Terry Fox School Run is set for Wednesday, September 29, 2021, or any date or duration that supports your fundraising efforts and enables all students school wide to take part.
- What fun things are being planned for the Terry Fox School Run this year?Even if you can’t come together as a whole school, there are many ways for individual students or classrooms to take part and have fun and feel united. Visit our new and exciting individual/classroom/school wide “Try Like Terry” challenge activities for 2021.
- How can our school fundraise for this year’s Terry Fox School Run?Schools can donate online or by pledge sheet. To collect online donations, schools can share their fundraising link on their website, email communications or social media. Sample messaging and images will be available to help you every step of the way. Online donating is safe, easy and donors can receive their receipts immediately. Pledge sheets are also available for download here. Schools are also welcome to order them in their toolkit at time of auto-renewal.
- How can I access my school’s fundraising page link for 2021?An email will be sent out to School Run Organizers with their school’s fundraising link, as well as an event organizer login and username to allow you to customize your school page. If you did not receive it, please contact us and we’ll be happy to share it with you.
- How do I register my school for the September 2021 Terry Fox School Run?If you received an email informing you that your school is auto-renewed, your school is already registered. If you haven’t received an email, please click here to register your school and receive a complimentary toolkit of promotional materials.
- How do I update my School contact details (ie. email, name…)?Send an email to your Foundation Provincial Office with your updated contact information. Be sure to include your name, and the name and city of your school in your communication.
- Will I receive my Terry Fox Toolkit of promotional materials?All schools that are auto-renewed (registered) will receive a complimentary toolkit of promotional materials in early September. This year’s toolkit will include dedication stickers, posters, minimum of 1 pledge sheet, campaign tips and a t-shirt to help you promote your event. Be sure to also check out our online resources.
- Can our school fundraise using pledge sheets?All schools are welcome to fundraise using the method that works best for their school while following safety protocols. Donations can be collected online through your school’s fundraising link or by pledge sheets that are downloadable here, or included in your toolkit. If you are missing pledge sheets from your toolkit and would like a bulk shipment, please contact your Foundation Provincial Office directly.
- How do we send in cheque (offline) donations and any pledge sheets to the Foundation?We are happy to accept any cheque donations and pledge sheets from your fundraising efforts. Please click here for a full list of instructions.
- How can we ensure our students safety while taking part in this year’s Terry Fox School Run?The safety of your students is a top priority for us. We encourage all schools to follow provincial safety guidelines. If you are not able to assemble as a school for your event, please check out our classroom and individual based fundraising activities: “Try Like Terry” challenge page.
- Can I book an ambassador (Foundation representative) to speak at my school in the fall?We are working on creating some exciting virtual options with a variety of guest speakers, including Fred Fox. In addition, our newly created school assembly video is always available for individual or classroom viewing. Stay tuned for more information in the coming months.
- How can I order t-shirts for my students or fellow teachers?T-shirts can be ordered directly from our website. Click here to place a bulk order for students and/or staff. Invoices are emailed to your School Run Organizer and shipments are sent directly to your school address. T-shirt sales are added to your school’s fundraising total as merchandise proceeds also support cancer research.