How does the Terry Fox School Run work?The Terry Fox School Run is a fundraising event that all students, educators, staff, and volunteers are welcome to take part in. It can be a time-honoured traditional Terry Fox “walk” or Run or it can even take the shape of an afternoon watching a Terry Fox video or joining a Virtual Meetup with a Foundation representative. The options are endless and are up to you on how and when to take part. All schools that are provided with a fundraising link to collect donations online as well as downloadable pledge sheets. You can find your school online at Find A School. For more information on how to organize a Terry Fox event, go to Event Planning Webinars.
How do I pay for a donation on behalf of one of my donors?
1. Login to your page (personal page owner/participant)
2. Once logged in, go to menu on the right and click Email Supporters
3. Select Offline Donations, and then select Add Donation. On the next screen, enter your donor’s first name, last name, email address, donation amount, and billing (mailing) address. You can select “cash” as the Payment Method. In the dropdown menu displaying “Show donor’s name as”, select the option called “Enter donor’s name” and type your donor’s name in the text field or ‘Anonymous’ for those that do not want their name to appear. Select “Save” the donation.
4. On the next screen, Click on “Pay Now”. You can then complete the transaction with the credit card holders information.
5. A confirmation email will come to you, as well as to the donor with an attached tax receipt.
You will now have admin access to edit your school page as the “School Run Organizer”. Please do not share your login email or your password with your school community.
The 2023 Terry Fox School run is set for Friday, September 22, 2023, or any date or duration that works for you.
We invite everyone to take part in a fun Terry Fox Challenge. It’s a great way to boost your fundraising while building fantastic school spirit. Simply make a fun promise to your students if they reach your fundraising goal. Ie. If we raise $1000, Then we all get an extra recess!
Schools can donate online or by pledge sheet. To collect online donations, schools can share their fundraising link on their website, email communications or social media. Sample messaging and images will be available to help you every step of the way. Online donating is safe, easy and donors can receive their receipts immediately. Pledge sheets are also available for download here. Schools are also welcome to order them in their toolkit at time of auto-renewal.
Our school community has lived-experience with cancer and we want to share our story. Whom do we contact?We would be honoured to have you share your story with us. Please share your story with us at Share Your Story. If your school community would like to rally around an individual to support them for your Terry Fox School Run, please contact your provincial Terry Fox office directly for more info.
We are happy to accept any cheque donation and any pledge sheets from your fundraising efforts. Please see our Post Run Form and full list of instructions for more information.
We are excited to offer Ambassador in-school visits in British Columbia, Ontario, Quebec, and Nova Scotia this year. We also offer virtual meetups with Fred Fox, other guest speakers and a Terry Fox Foundation Ambassador on a variety of platforms. Go to Book a Virtual Meetup to learn more.
The Terry Fox Foundation 2021 ©
Merci de votre intérêt à rencontrer Fred Fox. Revenez nous voir ce printemps pour un calendrier mis à jour.
* Indicates required fields
"*" indicates required fields