Engaging Your Classroom
It takes a big heart to help shape little minds.
Your Terry Fox School Run is a great way to get all of your students engaged and inspired to make a difference. Take inspiration from Terry’s examples of courage, determination and compassion to help motivate your students to reach goals and become incredible change-makers. See below for ways to get your classroom involved today and teach Terry all year long.
How To Involve Your Students
Set up a classroom page
Help your school reach its fundraising goal by encouraging students to set up their own fundraising page under your school link. You can even set up a classroom page with your own personal login name and password, chosen by your students. Ignite a friendly competition with another classroom and let the students take charge!
National Lesson Plans: Primary
- Language Arts: Who is Terry Fox
- Language Arts: We Continue Terry’s Dream
- Language Arts: Terry’s Goals and Your Goals
- Language Arts: Terry Fox Poster
- Language Arts: Terry Fox is a Friend
- Language Arts: Introduction to Terry Fox
- Language Arts and Health Education: Talking to Students about Cancer
- Language Arts and Math – Why do the Terry Fox Event and the Importance of Fundraising
- Language Arts and Social Studies – What is a Hero Heroes in Our Community edit
- Language Arts and Social Studies: Superheroes vs. Real Heroes
- Language Arts and Visual Arts: All About Terry Fox
- Math: Terry Fox in Numbers